Welcome to the Cheap Chickadee
We have a monthly sale requiring items be put in paper bags to determine the price and Seattle stores are no longer giving paper bags!!! If you have some, we could use a donation! Contact Kate at 206-722-0317.
The Cheap Chickadee Thrift Store is the cute yellow house located next door to the Southeast Seattle Senior Center. The Thrift Store is bursting with quirky treasures, useful items, fashionable clothes and unusual antiques! We are located at 4645 So Holly Street, just west of Rainier Ave and So Holly St. We're open Monday through Friday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m and Saturday from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Bargain Bag Days
The first Tuesday and Thursday of each month are Bag Days -- when $5.00 will buy up to 10 items priced $3 or less. On the first Wednesday of each month, members of the Senior Center receive 40% off. Every day, the affordable prices and great selection are well worth a visit!
Your donations are appreciated and support important programs at the Center! Donated items can be dropped off at the Cheap Chickadee Thrift Store, Monday through Friday between 9am and 2pm. Tax receipt and unloading help is available.
We also accept after hours donations. If you have donations after hours donations, please leave them at the back of the Thrift Store behind the green gate.
- Small Appliances (small only-blenders, toasters, vacuums, etc)
- Arts, craft and sewing items
- Bedding, linens and blankets without stains please
- Bicycles, tricycles
- Canning Jars (Ball, Mason and Kerr)
- Clothing for Men, Women and Children
- Curtains and drapes
- Hangers (plastic only, tied into bundles)
- Holiday Décor: Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.
- Decor items (bookends, knick-knacks, wall hangings, statues)
- Kitchen Ware (pots, pans, dishes, silverware, etc.)
- Lamps (non-halogen)
- Movies, VHS, DVD
- Pictures and paintings
- Records, tapes, CD’s
- Rugs (small, good condition)
- Sewing items
- Shoes, bags, belts and hats
- Sporting goods (Skis, tents, backpacks in good condition)
- Stereos (portable only)
- Table Games
- Toys and stuffed animals
We cannot accept:
- Barbeque Grills
- Box Springs and Mattresses
- Window Blinds
- Building Materials (doors, windows, paint , paneling )
- Car Parts or tires
- Computers, computer monitors or TV’s
- Exercise equipment (stationary bikes, weights or weight machines)
- Food Items
- Large Furniture
- Appliances - large (stoves, freezers, dishwashers, washers, dryers)
- Recyclables (newspapers, cans, bottles etc)
- Sinks or toilets
- Swing sets
- Text or reference books