Need A Ride?
The following services are useful for arranging transportation to the Center and other appointments. For additional transportation options call Senior Services at 206-448-3110.
Door-to-door transportation in the Rainier Valley and Renton.
The service provides riders with an opportunity to socialize and stay active within their communities. It gives our van drivers an overwhelming sense of satisfaction and a chance to form many special friendships. There is no charge for rides, but donations are welcome.
Call (206) 727-6262, (425) 333-4009 (for Snoqualmie Valley Only) or 1-877-415-3632 for information on sites and days of service.
Become a Hyde Shuttle Rider!
Do you need a ride for local errands? Did you give up driving? Is taking the bus difficult? Are your children missing work to help you with your transportation needs? The Hyde Shuttles might be able to help!
Who can ride the Hyde Shuttles?
- People with disabilities
- Seniors 55 or better
- customers must live in the service area
Ride the Hyde Shuttles!
- No forms to complete - just sign up over the phone.
- Scheduling hours are 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Trained drivers provide you with personalized transportation to your appointments and activities.
- Free rides (donations welcome).
- Opportunities to socialize and meet new people.
Escorted rides to essential appointments.
Volunteer Transportation was formed in 1975 to help meet the transportation needs of King County seniors and their families. A team of over 600 volunteers drivers use their own vehicles to drive seniors to medical, dental, eye, foot care and other essential appointments. Volunteer drivers provide a personalized, one-on-one transportation service. They drive seniors to and from appointments, waiting with them until they are ready to return home. Seniors who use our service appreciate the helping hand and moral support. There is no charge for Volunteer Transportation services.
Who is Eligible?
- Persons 60 years or better.
- Residents of King County.
- Persons able to transfer into a private vehicle with minimal assistance.
- Persons who cannot use other transportation options.
How to Schedule a Ride:
- No forms to fill out - sign up over the phone.
- Call (206) 448-5740 or 1-800-282-5815 by Wednesday (or before!) for any rides the following week.
- Have all details of trip ready.
- Caregivers and/or family welcome with prior notice.
- All rides dependent upon driver availability.
- Scheduling hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
(206) 205-5000 or 1-800-923-7433
Door-to-door and hand-to-hand transportation at your beck and call.